Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Prairie Chicks Welcome Jess Granger

On Saturday, May 2, Jess Granger becomes an Honorary Chick when she guest blogs on The Prairies. Jess writes futuristic romance and her debut novel, Beyond the Rain, will be released in August of this year. We’re lucky enough to have Jess guest blogging twice. On Saturday, she’ll be sharing her amazing world building skills and in August, right before her release date, she’ll be sharing her writing journey with us.

Here’s a portion of her bio –

My imaginative childhood grew into a thirst for knowledge and adventure that I’ve kept to this day. I love to travel and try new things. I worked as a balloon artist in restaurants, rehabilitated injured hawks and owls as a volunteer at a raptor management center, traveled all over the country during my trumpet playing days with the Cal Aggie Marching Band-uh, managed to wander to Europe to explore Germany, France, and Spain, and finally settled down with my wonderful husband to raise a couple of kids, a couple of cats and one fantastic All-American mutt.

World building is very important in fantasy and sci/fi novels and I think our non-romance readers will be thrilled with Jess’ visit. I also believe that world building is important in any genre and I know I can’t wait to hear what Jess has to say. Take some time to check out her website where you can read her full biography, read an excerpt from her debut novel (and some great early reviews), and there’s a link to her Butterfly Blog. Then come on back here on Saturday to welcome Jess to The Prairies.

No comments: