Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Prairie Chicks Welcome Silver James

It is an honor to have Silver James return to The Prairies this Friday, the release date of her debut novel, Faerie Fate! We were lucky enough to have Silver blog with us back in September, 2009, shortly after she got "The Call" (that post, here, talks about Silver's call). Now, she's agreed to include us Chicks in her blog tour - how exciting is that!

Here's Silver's bio in her own words:

At the age of four, I lined up my stuffed animals and told them them stories I made up. At thirteen, I committed my first “novel” to paper – in a black and white plaid spiral notebook. “The Talisman” had a decent plot along the lines of “Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court” though processed through the brain of an adolescent girl. Needless to say, it was abysmal. I’ve been married to my best friend, who also happens to an attorney, for twenty-five years. Our wonderful daughter is in college, majoring in museum studies and history, a love she came by honestly from her dad and me both. Over the course of my lifetime, I've been a military officer's wife, state appellate court marshal, airport rescue firefighter and forensic fire photographer, crime analyst, and technical crime scene investigator. I've since retired from the "real world" and live in Oklahoma. I spend my days at the computer with my two Newfoundland dogs, the "lolcat" who rules us all, and myriad characters all clamoring for attention. Eventually, I'll get around to telling each of their stories.

And while you're waiting for Silver's guest appearance, head on over to her website and read her blog (she has a great blog). Look around, check out her coming attractions (yes, Faerie Fate will be followed by two more books in the series) and then come back here on Friday, the 9th, for Silver's debut party.

2 comments:

Paula R said...

Yippee, Silver is almost here.

Peace and love,
Paula R.

Anita Mae Draper said...

Yay!